Last Saturday we had our first in-house seminar about the training and applications of Force Flow in Chu Sau Lei Wing Chun Singapore.
Force Flow is the lively use of Jin (劲) or force. This type of strength flows through one end of your body to the other. Hence the name “Force Flow”.
To handle Force Flow efficiently and effectively, you must have excellent skills in using both your physical body and energetic nervous system.
For more information about Jin and Force Flow read:
In this one (1) day seminar we discussed and practised:
- Force Flow theory, Force Flow development exercises and drills.
- Wing Chun basic application such as Tan, Bong, Lap and how to increase your power and rooting with Force Flow
- How to receive, issue and redirect incoming force in Chi Sao using Action/ Reaction Force and linking/de-linking skills.
- Learn how to develop a powerful punch using your seven (7) bows.
- Be able to integrate Force Flow training in the Wing Chun empty hand forms, Siu Nim Tao and Cham Kiu.
It was a great day! Student enjoyed the occasion, and they all did very well! However, Force Flow is not a technique but a skill, and it takes time and practice to master.
We will organise more in-house seminars in the future. Stay in touch!
All the best,
Chu Sau Lei Wing Chun Singapore