Siu Nim Tao: Level 1-3 (white-gray – yellow sash)
Siu Nim Tao (SNT) is the foundation of Wing Chun practice. The focus in this module is to learn the Wing Chun fundamental techniques, build a structural framework and learn how to relax and develop coordination. In SNT you will develop the forward and backword power engine.
SNT or “little idea” is Wing Chun’s first form, the importance of this form cannot be overstated.
Introduction Core Elements
- Eight energy punches, elbows, knees, basic kicks.
- Defending the 4 Gates
- Sim Fa (stepping and body)
- Shadow boxing, pad work, live sparring drills
Wing Chun hands
- Lap Da, Bong Lap, Tan Da, Pak Sao, etc.
- Solo drills, partner drills
- Proper Alignments and structure
- Integrate 6 Core Elements
- SNT concepts and applications
- Dan Chi Sao / Shuang Chi Sao
- Introduce SNT concepts and applications in Chi Sao.
- Specific training
Cham Kiu: Level 4-6 (orange-green – blue sash)
Cham Kiu (CK) is the application form, here the student learns how the use their body as a complete unit and twisting, torque type of power engine. We also introduce “stick body” chest to chest fighting range.
After completing this practice, the student has laid a solid foundation for his future Wing Chun practice. He understands the Wing Chun concepts, do his own research and will show improved fitness and confidence in self-defence situations.
We will also introduce more complex energetic concepts such as Force Flow and mental methods in Chi Sao. Mastering CK level 2 is the road to mastering Wing Chun application!
6 Core elements
- Power concepts: receive, issue, sink and float
- Link and de-linking applications and partner exercises.
- Force flow partner exercises
Cham Kiu Form
- Learn Chum Kiu Form
- Chum Kiu Concepts and applications with partner exercises.
- Introduce 6 Core Elements in CK
- Apply Cham Kiu concepts in Long fist Chinese Boxing range.
- Advanced punches and foot work
- Setups, Feints, and Rhythm
- Kicks ( defending, controlling, combinations)
- Live sparring, drills.
- Drills, Chin Na positions
- Stick body concepts and applications
- Defending: head lock, guillotine, over hook, under hook etc.
- Apply Cham Kiu techniques and concepts in Chi Sao.
- Counters, Combinations, Concepts and Variations
- Gor Sao
Biu Jee: Level 7-9 (purple – light brown – dark brown sash)
The student has arrived! There are no more rules, one can punch from any direction and any position. No more limitations! Biu Jee (BJ) teaches you the higher energy aspects of releasing your power from any direction and emergency techniques to regain or capture your center line.
You will also learn the complete 6-13-3 Qi Gong model with 6 Core Elements.
6 Core elements
- Study and practice 6-13-3 Qi Gong model.
- Learn Biu Jee Form
- Biu Jee Concepts and Applications with partner exercises.
- Integration 6-13-3 model and concepts.
- Punching Power Development Drills
- Advanced Long Fist Punching Methods
- Iron Body Skills
- Pad Work, Sparring
- Introduce Biu Jee concepts and applications in Chi Sao
- Chi Gerk (Sticky Legs), Footwork
- Chi Sao Mental Methods, Stick Body
Wooden Dummy Level 10 gold sash: Assistant Instructor
Wing Chun is famous for its Wooden Dummy training. This training teaches you how to “stick” to your opponent, footwork /positioning, and Wing Chun kicks.
The Wooden Dummy form has a variety of different Wing Chun kicks. The “empty” dummy or sometimes called the “air dummy” is the practice of the form without the dummy.
- Wooden Dummy Form
- Wooden Dummy Concepts and Applications with Partner exercises.
- Empty Wooden Dummy
- Wooden Dummy Freestyle
Long Pole Level 11: black sash Instructor
In this phase of his Wing Chun training has come off age, his focus is now to further develop his physical and energetic skills.
The pole is a long and heavy weapon. In the pole form, the students learn how to manipulate and generate power with the pole.
Grandmaster Robert Chu: “The Pole is the graduation of developing Wing Chun body power skills”.
- Pole Form
- Pole skill Development Exercises
- Partner Exercises
Ba Jaam Dao: Level 12 1st degree black sash Full Instructor
- Ba Jaam Dao Preparation Exercises
- Ba Jaam Dao Fo
- Partner Exercises